How to deal with urinary incontinence:
To start with, it all depends on the severity and extent of the urinary incontinence issue. In very many cases, incontinence can be countered with mild exercises that train the muscles and restore their function. There are, however, more intensive treatments. In certain cases, your doctor may prescribe medication, while other cases require surgery. Depending on the case, your doctor will decide on the best solution for your incontinence. Until the incontinence has disappeared, you can continue your daily activities normally, following some practical advice and choosing the right care products. Iasi incontinence product range offers effective protection from leakage, skin irritation and unpleasant odours.
Natural ways to deal with light urinary incontinence:
- Maintaining the right body weight – weight loss contributes to better bladder function.
- Regularizing bowel movements – countering constipation always helps counter incontinence, as a full bowel exerts pressure on the bladder.
- Consuming liquids – a good consumption rhythm during the day is necessary, as well as avoiding diuretic beverages, such as chamomile, tea, coffee, carbonated drinks, alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Hygiene aimed to counter urinary tract infections – recurring urinary tract infections may lead to a weakening of the urinary tract.
- Kegel exercises – exercises that strengthen the muscles of the pelvis.
Kindly contributed by Urologist – Andrologist Surgeon, Dr Charalambos P. Asvestis